The 2020 Experiencing God in Prayer – Course Content
- Spiritual Direction – Explain spiritual direction, introduce spiritual directors, men will meet with men and women with women. Set up first one-on-one online appointment.
- Awareness, Attentiveness to God’s Presence – How do we “hear God”? Review biblical and historical patterns of listening to God.
- Examination of Consciousness – Reflection, asking the Holy Spirit to examine our hearts and minds on a regular basis.
- Silence and Solitude – The spiritual significance of regular times of solitude and silence with God. Recommendation on daily practices and extended retreats.
- Fasting – Review of biblical teaching on fasting, recommended best practices.
- Gratitude – Thankfulness, gratitude and its importance in our spiritual life.
- Grace – Increase our understanding of grace and power capacity to receive grace.
- Discernment – Best practices in discernment or decision-making in our spiritual life.
- Contemplation – How contemplation differs from meditation. The practice of being with the person of Jesus.
- Rule of Life – Establishing a personal God given focus for my life, time and energy.
To have some fun and to keep the names of our groups clear, we selected the following names:
- Comprecatio – Latin for “prayer” in 2017
- Oración – Spanish for “prayer” in 2018
- Gebet – German for “prayer” in 2019
- ? – ? for prayer in 2020 (to be decided)